The First IEEE International Workshop on
State-of-the-art Speech Technologies in Multimedia and Mobile Environments (STeMME)
A major and fundamental issue we face today is how to efficiently analyze, process and take advantage of the plethora of information available in the world. Particularly, speech processing has broken boundaries and provided us with a wide range of information from a diversity of sources inside multimedia and mobile environments, as much literature has recently reassured. Thus, this workshop intents to bring together the diversity of international researchers and practitioners who are currently working with speech technologies and their applications in multimedia and mobile environments. Its goal is to stimulate interest in this field as well as to create productive synergy among researchers who are working in this fascinating area. Prominent researchers both from academia and industry are invited to attend and show state-of-the-art developments.
Topics of Interest
- speech recognition, speaker identification and verification, speaker diarization and source separation, speech synthesis, speech enhancement, speech emotion detection, speech coding, voice conversion and voice activity detection, all in multimedia and mobile environments.
- application of emergent technologies, such as deep neural networks and paraconsistency, for speech processing in multimedia and mobile environments.
This workshop intends to give an equal-opportunity to everyone interested in participate. Therefore, we invite researchers worldwide to submit high-quality original papers to advance the state-of-the-art in each respective field. All papers will be critically peer-reviewed, ensuring top-quality research and information.
Paper Requirements and Submission
Authors are invited to submit 4-page papers which will, if accepted, be included in the proceedings and published by IEEE Computer Society Press. All manuscripts should be written in English. For templates, please visit https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html. To submit the PDF version of your paper, please, send it as an e-mail attachement to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Paper to IEEE ISM STeMME 2018. Authors will receive a confirmation e-mail within 24 hours from submission, together with the corresponding paper code.
- FIRM SUBMISSION DEADLINE for this workshop: October 12, 2018.
- NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE for this workshop will be sent out on October 26, 2018. The instructions for the camera-ready version will follow together. Only minor revisions of the original manuscript, accounting for suggestions concerning necessary improvements offered by the reviewers, will be accepted.
- CAMERA-READY PAPERS AND REGISTRATION DEADLINE: October 31, 2018